Development and Progress
Our holistic year one findings:
- Confidence and vocalisations increased when there was no pressure to speak, and when the environment was musical and playful.
- Laughter was important for vocalisation.
- Nursery staff benefitted from SALT strategies.
- Using our techniques in GYCT’s Bridge to Music has shown that all children could benefit from this work.
- Some children returned, further improving their development.
2018 Summit day:
SALTmusic is holding an interactive summit day in June 2018 at the Institute of Education, London. We will be sharing our learning and findings with other early years music projects. It is set to be an exciting day which will facilitate vital conversations about the future of this area of research.
Our international reach:
We are delighted to announce that Jessica Pitt, Ph.D, will be contributing a chapter to an Oxford handbook which has a prestigious international reputation. We are extremely excited about our work being published in this book, and we believe that this is truly reflective of our important and forward thinking research.