Village Green Sure Start Children's Centre
Opening hours: 9am-4pm Monday to Friday. Centre Manager: Evelyn Treadwell
T: 01493 789562 E: firstname.lastname@example.org
Moorland Way, Belton, Great Yarmouth, Norfolk, NR31 9PA
Children's Centres were introduced as a 'one stop shop' for families with children under 5 to provide the help and support needed to give every child the best possible start in life.
We work in partnership with local Health Visitors, Midwives, Speech & Language Therapists and Jobcentre Plus to be able to give help and advice in areas such as child and family health, parenting, money and employment. Find out more by browsing our weekly programme of activities for families in Bradwell, Belton, Burgh Castle, Browston, Fritton and St Olaves.
We are able to offer one-to-one support in your home, if needed, as well as specialist support for children with special educational needs or disabilities. You could also visit the Family Information Service for more information about the SEND Local Offer.
We also offer adult learning opportunities, including parenting courses. Please call the Centre for further information.
Village Green Children's Centre is managed by GYCT on behalf of Norfolk County Council. We are in a partnership with East Coast Community Healthcare CIC and Norfolk & Suffolk Foundation Trust to ensure that families with children under 5 get the best possible services.
Important Notice from Norfolk County Council
From 1st October there will be a new service for 0-5 year olds and their families in Norfolk.
Norfolk’s Early Childhood and Family Service is for all parents and carers with children aged 0-5 years. How and where you get support will depend on what you need.
Everyone will be able to:
- Get help online.
- Sign up for new email updates with helpful information.
- Chat on the phone or online from 1st October.
- Visit the local library to get information, weigh their baby or join in with Bounce and Rhyme sessions.
If you want help meeting other parents or someone to talk to:
- Come to a drop-in event at a community venue – this could be a library, community centre or café.
- Our team will attend community groups regularly, so you can come and chat.
- We can also help you to set up your own local groups and activities.
- We can give you a list of all the events and activities happening locally like baby massage, toddler groups and play sessions.
If you need extra help:
- We will offer support to you and your family through drop-ins and groups.
- We will also support you in your own home, or where you feel comfortable.
- We can put you in touch with other people who can help.
For more information please email:ECFS-Families@actionforchildren.org.uk