Volunteer Workshop Technician - Nexus Engineering Centre, GorlestonHours: Minimum of 2-4 hours per week
GYCT Department or Team: Nexus Engineering Centre
Supported by: Bob Beard, Nexus Centre Manager
Nexus Engineering is looking for a volunteer who would be keen to work with a small team delivering engineering courses to local schoolchildren, as well as providing services to local industry.
- General housekeeping of workshops to include: cleaning of machinery and tidying work area
- Ensuring Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) is stored correctly
- Basic repairs and maintenance of equipment, tools and machinery
- Ensuring that signage is present, visible and undamaged
- Helping with the general housekeeping of the business
This role is for you if ...
- You have basic literacy and numeracy skills
- Some knowledge of machine tools, manual and CNC, would be an advantage
Due to the expanding nature of Nexus' work, this opportunity could lead to paid employment.
Great Yarmouth Community Trust is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults; successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check, reference checks and any other associated checks relating to identity.
Or contact the Volunteering Co-ordinator for more information:
T: 01493 743014 E: firstname.lastname@example.org