Priory Online Centre Volunteer, Great YarmouthMinimum Hours: 4 hours (min. 1 morning per week, 9am to 1pm, preferably the same day each week)
GYCT Department or Team: PED Team
Supported by: John McDonald
What is the Priory Online Centre about?
- The IT Suite houses 5 working computers, and has space for an additional 2 laptops when these are in use.
- The public can access and log on to their Universal Credit, Universal Job Match, personal emails, to name but a few. Some users are very confident with their IT skills, whereas others will require full support.
- The environment is very friendly and informal, and users can come and go as they please.
- Set up the Online Centre at the beginning of each session, making sure that all the points are working and the computers are switched on.
- Ensure that all the necessary paperwork is out and the kettle is switched on.
- Welcome all people coming to use the centre, mention to them that tea or coffee is available at the small cost of 30p.
- Make sure the Online Centre registration sheets are filled in, the terms and conditions are signed, and everyone has signed in properly for the session.
- Refer problems and complaints to John McDonald or another member of staff.
- Give one to one support if requested by an individual.
- Offer alternative time slots to the public when full.
- Promote our special media pages and Priory Post online to the public.
- Make sure that at the end of sessions the computers are powered down, the area is left clean and tidy, all registration forms and signing in sheets are securely filed away.
- You are approachable and patient
- You have confidence with the internet
- You enjoy supporting people in the community
- You enjoy learning new skills
- You can organise and prioritise
- You enjoy taking on new challenges
- You can work as part of a small team, as well as offering one to one support
- You can attend a training package
This role is for you if ...
Or contact the Volunteering Co-ordinator for more information:
T: 01493 743014 E: firstname.lastname@example.org