Pilling Park Nursery Volunteer, NorwichHours: Mon-Fri 9am to 12 noon - Term time only (Minimum of 3 hours each week)
GYCT Department or Team: GYCT Nurseries
Supported by: Pilling Park Nursery Manager
- To help set up/tidy away activities in the Nursery room
- To engage with children at their individual level in a range of activities
- To assist with the children at Fruit Time
- To join in with group activities, such as Music Time
- To follow the Nursery's Safeguarding Policy, reporting any concerns to the Nursery Manager
- To ensure, along with the staff, that the Nursery room and outdoor area are safe for the children at all times, adhering to Health & Safety guidelines
- To follow the Nursery's Policies and Procedures
- To communicate with parents, children and staff appropriately and professionally at all times
This role is for you if ...
- You are friendly, welcoming and approachable and are interested in working with children aged 0-5 years and their families
- You have had some experience of working with children in a similar setting
- You enjoy a range of activities and supporting children under 5 in their play
- You are happy to work as part of a small team
- You are interested in undertaking training such as safeguarding, first aid and more.
Great Yarmouth Community Trust is committed to the safeguarding of children and vulnerable adults; successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check, reference checks and any other associated checks relating to identity.
Or contact the Volunteering Co-ordinator for more information: