Work for Us
Working for Great Yarmouth Community Trust
In this section of our website, you can view our current vacancies, find out how to apply and read about some of the benefits our staff can enjoy.
Why work for us?
Working for the Trust enables you to be part of an amazing team of people making a real difference to the lives of people living in and around Great Yarmouth.
As a Trust we are committed to:
- Developing roles and ways of working to ensure a flexible and innovative approach to staffing
- The effective recruitment, retention and development of our employees
- Real Equality of Opportunity
- Continual development and learning for all staff
- Achieving a work-life balance
- Offering a great working environment.
Holidays and entitlements
All Trust staff are entitled to a generous annual leave entitlement as well as public bank holidays. Leave entitlement increases with service as follows:
- Up to three years’ service: 25 days*
- Over 3 years’ service: 26 days*
- Over 5 years’ service: 27 days*
- Over 7 years’ service: 28 days*
* Pro rata for part-time staff
The Trust offers company sick pay as well as compassionate and dependants leave in times of need and subject to meeting a set criteria.
A number of schemes are available to help staff combine work and home life. Staff at the Trust are currently taking advantage of a range of flexible working opportunities including part-time working, job sharing and compressed hours.